Thursday 7 May 2015

Boucle de Montbringues. Brenas. A lovely walk through the woods on a high plateau between two villages, Languedoc.

Boucle de Montbringues. Brenas. 5.5km. 2H Easy.Blue markers. The walk starts from the little village of Brenas. Park in the lovely shaded car park beside the church and walk back through the village following the blue markers. 

Turn right up the little concrete track and climb the fairly steep hill that bares right at the last house and passes through beautiful woodland. At a junction take a right turn and then cross a field. This is the top of the hill. Montbringues. 

The views are lovely here, down to lake Salagou and probably Malavielle ruins as it says in the description when there are fewer leaves on the trees.

The path descends down a rough stony track that is fairly steep.(This is where my walk ended as my knee gave way and I hurt my ankle quite badly. 

After a rather painful descent my kind husband having helped me down, returned for the car) So do be careful here! The views to the pretty village of Vemazoubre are quite lovely. It sits beneath a limestone cliff and catches the sun beautifully. 

There are also orchids on this track, pink and white and many other beautiful wild flowers including a lovely blanket of yellow broom. Turn left at the bottom of the hill and and the track rises slightly in the wood of Prieur. Here there are views of Valquieres. 

The track then winds back down through the woods to Brenas. It's such a beautiful walk. It hasn't put me off, I will return to finish it I'm sure!


There is another blue marked route form this village called Les Ruffes. We hope to do that one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment