Sunday 21 June 2015

Abbots Well walk

A beautiful walk in the New Forest today. This is one of my favourites, but I did shorten it a little today. Park at Abbots Well and walk down the hill to Ogdens, across the grassland at Hasley hole and over to the woods. Follow the side of the wood until the end. Here I normally go down to Woodsford bottom and through Broomy inclosure to Holly Hatch, but today I turned left and followed the edge of Hasley Inclosure until it crosses Hallickshole hill and then enters Sloden inclosure east of were I normally enter it. I then take the track up to Fritham and at Fritham go back through Amberwood and across Hampton Ridge. It's a great walk with super views, lots of variety and a couple of opportunities to eat at some nice pubs if you don't take a picnic. We enjoyed a picnic while watching the ponies and cattle on the plain and at our coffee stop we saw a lovely deer. It was busy on the ridge today with runners but the forest its self was very peaceful.







No comments:

Post a Comment